Works in the field to conduct routine heath and safety audits and inspections of construction sites throughout Encore’s business region ensuring all health and safety regulations and company policies are in compliance with applicable State and Federal Laws. This position will be located in the Bozeman/Big Sky, Montana area.
General Responsibilities Maintain open communication lines with all working relationships Follow up to ensure items for which the job is accountable are performed Earn and maintain customer’s trust. Uphold the core values of the organization. Work well with others to accomplish the mission of the organization and of the job.
- Maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal health and safety regulations
- Assists Health and Safety Manager in the implementation of internal safety policies and procedures to be followed by employees
- Assists Health and Safety Manager in analyzing safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement
- Participates on teams and in meetings, as needed, to assist in the development of the company’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Assists Health and Safety Manager in recording and implementing the Company’s Safety Committee Represents the organization in the community and / or on industry safety groups and programs
- Reviews jobsites and conducts audits for compliance with health and safety regulations making recommendations accordingly
- Serves field employees as primary customer generating good will when making recommendations related to health and safety improvements
- Conducts health and safety related training as needed serving as back up for orientation
- Stays current on any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization relating to health and safety
- Travels by vehicle frequently to different jobsites and locations throughout the State of Colorado and into other states where Encore has a presence
- Assists Health and Safety Manager in identifying and analyzing trends relating to health and safety
- Other duties as may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Health and Safety regulations relating to the work assignment
- Health and Safety in construction, maintenance and service
- Commonly used practices and procedures within a particular field
- Modern training techniques related to health and safety
- Electrical safety in the commercial construction industry
- Maintaining a safety program
- Conducting health and safety jobsite audits and inspections
- Adapting to new and changing requirements, environments, and/or information.
- Estimating resources needed to complete required tasks
- Using communication software
- Business writing
- Effective written and oral communication sufficient to be able to elicit and communicate information and achieve understanding
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, vendors, consultants, management, and employees
- Operating a computer including all required software
- Organizing work to accomplish tasks
- Reading and writing
- Prioritizing and reprioritizing to meet job needs
- Problem solving
- Tracking numbers and bits of data relevant to the work assignment
- Lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Vision acuity (near and far)
Associates Degree in Health and Safety or related field supplemented by two years of full time safety experience in a professional environment. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the health and safety field is preferred. CSP is preferred or a willingness to achieve CSP is required.
Point of Contact Jack Cain 720-220-6175.